To prepare for an author visit to school, the planning form below will help you plan for my visit or for the visit of another author.
(The link below is a printable version of the information of this page.)
Thank you ahead of time for inviting me to your school. I love to make presentations. See the planning form on my website that provides the details about my visit.
The form below will help me to get a better picture of your school or child care center.
Please attach this form to an email when requesting a visit.
1. School or Child Care Center Name: _____________________
2. School Address _____________________
3. Contact Person _________________________________________
Name, Title, Phone Number, and Email Address
4. Requested Dates: 1st Choice _____ 2nd Choice _____3rd Choice ______
5. Grades or Ages of Children: _________________
6. Number of Children: _________________
7. Do you plan to print the Announcement Poster? Display them ____Distribute them to each child? _____
8. All book orders should be processed within two weeks of presentation date.
9. How many presentations have you scheduled? _____
a. Provide a schedule below with a tentative number in each group.
10. Have you identified the space for the presentation? ____ Where? ______
11. Do you have a lapel microphone? ___ Laptop? ___ LCD Projector _____
12. Do you have someone to set-up the technology? ____
My List Of Requests:
– A bottle of water
– I love unsweetened tea and coffee, too.
– Lunch Arrangements
– Please limit the number of children to 100 per group or smaller
– Please read my book to the kids before my visit and let them know that I am coming to your facility.
– Please don’t ask me to do extra sessions beyond our agreed upon schedule.
– It is nice to have someone introduce me to each group. My biography is on my website.
– Although I don’t require it, a book sale makes the visit more meaningful.
– I will be happy to do two morning sessions at one school and two afternoon sessions at another school.
There are other good sites such as this one at Random House.